26 May 2016
16 May 2016
By Robyn Lu
1. Communicate on a Personal Level
2. Target Social Groups
3. Be Consistent and Creative with Messaging
09 May 2016
By Robyn Lu
Now as budding marketers, it is often challenging to know where to look to begin effecting change. We constantly hear countless success stories about the world’s most brilliant marketing minds. But where do they source their inspiration? Well, from other brilliant minds.
On Social Media
19 October 2015
So #dontwasteaminute - get on the ‘gram’ today. If Beyonce’s using it, we should be too!
It’s true, a well-delivered image, paired with an appropriate caption and hashtag, can form a relatively cheap, succinct and potentially viral, press release! #genius
06 October 2015
1. The only program you ever get to use (unless you're fancy enough to handle Prezi)
2. That feeling when you haven't been to any lectures
3. When you find out you have a friend in your tute and get to avoid working with randoms
4. When your lecturer mentions Maslow's Heirarcy of Needs for the 104,222nd time
5. When one of your group members inevitably f***s up
6. When you find out that lectures are recorded and you can just listen to them on double speed at home
7. When you realise your textbooks are $200 each
8. When you manage to hand in a 20 page group report on time
9. Your feelings about those ice-breaker activities you have to do in the first week of tutes
10. And finally, trying to decide whether doing research participation is worth the 2%
14 September 2015
- What makes you different from others?
- What are your passions and strengths?
- If you left your position as a student today, what would your friends and teachers miss?
- Know who you are AND who you aren’t
- Identify these strengths and talents and perfect them
- Have a clear picture of your personal and professional goals
- Set your priorities and persevere to achieve and maintain these
- Use your values and priorities when making decisions
- Amongst others, be loyal to yourself, first
- Consider: where would you like to be in 6 months? 5 years?
- Your personal brand will be strengthened by your connection to other strong brands/people – this is where the importance of networking with others comes in.
- Know to whom you want to send your message
- This will help you deliver your message to the right places
- Remember that everything you do ultimately contributes to your personal brand
- Make sure the way you dress, your body language and how you behave with others are consistent with your brand image
- Update people about what you are doing
- Word of Mouth is a powerful marketing tool and what the people in your network say about you will ultimately have an effect on your brand